Our Sunday Bible Study starts at 9:30am each Sunday and the Worship Service starts at 10:20am. We would love for you to join us! Our Sunday Evening Service starts at 6:00pm. Wednesday includes Adult Choir, Prayer Meeting and W.O.W. - (Worship On Wednesday's for our youth).
Our Worship Style
Mildred Baptist Church has a blended style of music, powerful Bible teachings and the opportunity for public professions of faith, joining the church body through membership as well as rededication to His service.
The History of Mildred Baptist Church
In 1924 a tent revival started Mildred Missionary Baptist Church. In 1931 the church was disbanded due to the discovery of new oil fields causing a decline in membership. In 1934 First Baptist Church of Corsicana established Mildred Mission in “the old school” building located on what is now SE CR 3010, the same building used by the earlier church. In 1936, Mildred Mission was reorganized becoming Mildred Baptist Church. A new church building was built at the present location on Highway 287 on land granted the church by the Cerf family for as long as Mildred Baptist Church is in existence. Plans for a new building were adopted and work began in 1937 continuing until completion in 1943.
The original building.
In 1938 a revival was held inside the walls of the new structure. In the 1950’s a building was added to house a fellowship hall, kitchen, restrooms and Sunday School rooms.
In the late 1960s and early 70s renovations were made to the main building. During this time a house next door to the church was demolished. A new mobile home was purchased and placed next to the church to serve as the parsonage. In the 80’s a new brick parsonage was constructed on this site and a new building was added behind the church to house a fellowship hall, kitchen and classrooms. In 1990 an organ donated by Rose Rash was added to the sanctuary instruments to enhance the worship service. In the mid-90s the church purchased a second-hand parlor baby grand piano for the sanctuary. Also in the 90’s the church was torn down and a new sanctuary with the capacity for 250 worshipers and classrooms were added. This was made possible by the acquisition of more land around the original land grant. During the time of construction, worship services were held in the fellowship hall. Volunteer Christian Builder did the framing, sheet rocking and other work. They came from all over Texas to help build our church and many of them from Shady Oaks Baptist in Hurst. In 1997 the dedication and celebration of the new worship center took place. At this time an organ was donated by Jack Butler for the new sanctuary.
In 2000 work was completed on the Mildred Activity Center which included new classroom space, a kitchen and a gym behind the main building. In October 2007 the note on the Mildred Activity Center building was paid off early after a glorious one day ingathering offering.
In 2007 a new digital keyboard was purchased by the church to replace the donated organ.
God’s blessings continue in Mildred Baptist church. Listed below are the present and past staff and volunteers who were either a minister, deacon or musician.
Our Heritage Videos
Cliff & Leona Tew
Richard & Joyce Rash
Rick & Rose Rash
Tony & Vickie Neal
Michael & Amy Cook